Product Innovation - SoloTower
Layher’s commitment to ongoing product innovation has underpinned the company’s success for almost 80 years. From the smallest device to the introduction of a completely reworked scaffolding system, the new products that we bring to market are the result of extensive R&D and are designed to offer optimised performance, safety and efficiency … with many a direct response to feedback from our customers.
Enabling safe and speedy access for individual operators
SoloTower is a small rolling tower developed for easy transportation, assembly and use by a solo worker up to a working height of 6.15 metres. As a small rolling structure, SoloTower can contribute to overall cost reductions and efficiency improvements over the use of ladders or high-volume work platforms, for example.
Comprising a compact set of lightweight components, it can be loaded into normal commercial vans or trucks. The design enables quick, safe and tool-free erection via the ‘3T method’ via a snap-on claw feature.
Additionally, pre-connected toe-boards and pre-assembled double guard rails help to make the installation as safe and as simple as possible. Suitable for a wide range of ground conditions, the Layher Solo Tower provides a load capacity of 2.0 Kn/m2 on the maximum of one working level.
SoloTower … in numbers
- Working height up to 6.15 m
- Area of work platform 0.75 x 1.13 m
- Permissible live load 2 kN/m² (scaffolding group 3)
A SoloTower, but with many benefits…
- Compact, economical, and efficient for simple storage, transportation, and use
- Designed-in safety measures
- Safer assembly and dismantling through use of the SoloTower assembly hook and snap-on claw features
- End and side pre-assembled aluminium toe boards
- Meets European standard DIN EN 1004 for mobile work platforms